Thursday 26 June 2014

Art Exhibtion At Elgin Museum 28th June until 1st August 2014

Mark Making, Moray

Art Exhibition by Sue Sabro

at

Elgin Museum

28th June to 1st August 2014


Along with my completed artwork in exhibition at The Elgin Museum during July 2014 I hope to take this opportunity to develop a new body of work based around Elgin Museum and its content. I always start with drawing. The start-stop process of drawing and looking allows me to become familiar with a subject however; it is the looking and remembering which dominates my outcome, which often occurs at a later date. I want the lines and marks I make during the drawing process to be evident in my paintings, often I will re-draw lines in ink or charcoal. Colours and the surface quality, lines and composition are the important elements within my paintings. The artwork is, yes, a visual representation of a place that I have been, demonstrating my skill-set, (my painting techniques), it is also so much more. I have committed time and focus to recording my experiences. During the exhibition I hope to spend time with other local artists investigating the content of Elgin Museum.































 

No comments: